Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Penny for Progress

Well well well, after a semester spent trying to green my dog I would have to say not only was it WAY more difficult than I had imagined, it turned out well and I had fun doing it. In my attempt to make Penny a healthier, happier dog I would think I have succeeded. And not only did I end up making her greener, but I did the same thing for myself. As I revamped furniture from her, learned more recipes for myself and Penny, and even came up with a dog shampoo I found other neat green things for myself. I found a lovely farm where I got my pumpkins and will be getting my Christmas tree from, I found an awesome organic restaurant in Chicago for when I move back home, and I came up with a lot of new activities for her. For Christmas I am even going to make Penny a little snuggle blanket cove out of a blanket that she ruined the corners of. One of the easiest things I learned throughout this whole blog is puppy ruined furniture and things aren't really ruined, they just need to be repurposed. Obviously if your dog did something naughty like eat your blanket it's because they were lacking something... like attention and warmth. So not only have I learned to constantly keep Penny extremely active by taking her on long long walks and to the dog park, but on rainy days indoor hobbies like building a little obstacle course in the house with all the left over material from the ottoman I had. I am really happy how this project turned out. I feel like I have bettered her life even further. There is no reason why I should be living a healthy life and forget about her. She is just as important as anyone else is. Any why not take her greener. It has honestly only bettered her and made her a happier puppy!

Friend Fur Ever,
Stephanie & Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment