Monday, November 12, 2012

Rub A Dub Dub Get That Pooch In The Tub

As the seasons change and it gets a bit muddier outside I noticed that that hasn't stopped Penny from her usual rolling around in the grass. Her paws have been getting covered in mud and so has her under belly. And of course they day she gets covered in mud was the day I ran out of puppy shampoo. So I had to improvise. I pulled up my Pinterest board where I have been saving things I thought would be useful for her. I had a shampoo recipe and thought this would be a great time to try it out.

Recipe
1 pint of a gentle dish detergent (Ivory or Dawn works best)
1 pint of water
1 pint of apple cider vinegar
4 oz of glycerine

I happened to have all of these things in my pantry. I like to use vinegar and baking soda to regularly clean out my garbage disposal. I then toss a lemon in there and turn it on and have a lovely smelling kitchen. I also happened to have glycerine because it is a great skin moisturizer. You can usually find it at your local pharmacy.

So I cut the recipe in half and mixed it all up in her empty shampoo bottle. (She is small so I wouldn't need that much) Anyways I shook it up vigorously for a bit, got the tub going and grabbed Penny. It suds up great on her leaving her quickly clean and smelling so nice. (There are no pictures since my phone got stolen and I lost all of them, I know its a bummer. I had an adorable one of her covered in sudsy bubbles!)

Penny has sensitive skin, and after having her not itch as much as she usual does, I know I ended up finding a really great shampoo now for her. Hopefully I can find a conditioner recipe soon to keep her even silkier.

Friend Fur-Ever,
Stephanie & Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment